Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hallway Anyone?













Alright, first project - the hallway! It's the center of the house and leads me from Bedroom to Bathroom to Living Room, and most important to Dylan's bedroom. But sadly this busy intersection has no excitement. I want to bring some sparkle to this lonely hall. So i've picked out the classic Albert Hadley Fireworks wallpaper (www.hinsonco.com), with it's classic cream background and black spotted imagery. And thanks for the suggestion from my friend, style maven Stacy Kunstel (www.dunesanduchess.com) , I will be covering the whole hall in paper - including the ceiling. The paper is going to work well with the cream paint i've picked for the master bedroom (we'll get to that later!).
To keep the party going - I picked out a crystal semi-flushmount ceiling fixture from Hudson. It will add the perfect sparkle and glow at night. (So much better than the can light that is there now. Which currently has an LED bulb right now, that I know is great for the environment but horrible against any wall.)


And to finish off , I'm going to be adding a vintage Oushak runner on the floor(Also from Hudson). It's been bare since we moved in, and it always seems so cold. I plan on this rug giving the floor some texture, personality and warmth....
Alright, so wallpaper install is mid-february (wallpaper is backordered), light install is also mid-feb. and the rug should arrive then too. Keep up with me to see the final result!
Next installment - the office. Love my Summer Hill Grasscloth, but need to finally frame some photos, new desk and new lamp. Did I just give it away??
Would love to hear what you think or suggestions! Leave a comment xo Jill






2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished space- I think it will look fabulous! You have such amazing taste- so excited you are inviting us into your home to watch your design sense in action!

    ReplyDelete